So I’ve been blogging for almost four months now. After a few ups and downs, I feel like I have a fairly good groove going into 2017. It’s a lot more work than I anticipated (who knew??), but I am hoping to post a couple of times a week moving forward.
A Look Back:
Google Analytics is a nifty little site that tells you all kinds of information about the action happening on your blog. Most of it is fairly indecipherable to me, but I have noticed a few fun facts:
- I am up to almost 4000 page views. That’s miniscule in blogland, but I kind of think it’s amazing. There have been 4000 moments when a person chose to spend their time reading something I wrote. If you represent any of those 4000 moments, I really do thank you. (I hope your 1 minute, 38 seconds was meaningful. That’s the average amount of time spent on my site, FYI.)
- My blog has been read in 39 countries. That blows my mind. I have a lot of Facebook friends that live overseas for different reasons, but 39 is a lot of countries. Page views have taken place in Libya, Sri Lanka, and the Netherlands – and I don’t even know people in those countries! And my third most popular country (after the U.S. and Russia) is Austria. Who knew!? Hello my Austrian friends — all 62 of you! Thanks for reading! I’m glad I drank all that Café Vienna in the 80s.
- Not surprising: my readers are mostly women (with a tiny percentage of men: Hi Dad!)
- My three most popular posts involved some thoughts on punctuation, my Oprah list, and the first time I posted about being on The Broken Way launch team. Fun! I liked those posts too.
- I had five page views on Christmas Day. I don’t know why this strikes me so deeply, but it does. It is meaningful to me to know someone was reading my blog on the most celebrated holiday of the year.
The fun thing about having a blog is that I get to be the boss of me, and nobody is telling me to do anything a certain way. Of course no one is paying me anything either, so there’s that. #tradeoff
I am not sure exactly what’s ahead for this little blog, but I know this:
I love kids.
I love music.
I want to help kids love music.
I love writing music.
I want kids to love music.
I want kids to love the music I write.
Most everything I do will fall under all those things.
But then there is also this:
I do other things besides music.
I like to write.
I might write about things besides music.
So who knows?! Whatever is ahead, I know I am having a good time in this little space. I hope you are too.
The Immediate Future:
I am launching a new series for 2017 that I am really excited about! Hopefully it will serve as a super accessible way to get great music into your kids’ ears. Come back Thursday for all the details!
Finally, thanks so much for reading. If you are one of my 1,350 unique visitors, really, I thank you.
Here’s to great music in 2017!
This website uses affiliate links – thanks for your support!